Lace up your skates and tape up that stick, the 5th Annual AECON Cup hockey tournament, in support of Shoot for a Cure, is set for April 24-25, 2020 in Cambridge, Ontario. Open to all AECON employees – male or female – across the country, the AECON Cup will be a great opportunity to have some fun and exercise while also raising funds for Shoot for a Cure.
Shoot for a Cure is a fundraising campaign of the Canadian Spinal Research Organization (CSRO), the American Spinal Research Organization (ASRO) and the StopConcussions Foundation, integrating professional and amateur sports/sporting events, corporate sponsorship and community partnerships, which includes other non-profits and non-governmental organizations. Their goal is to raise funds, increase awareness and assist in prevention and cure of neurotrauma injuries. Shoot for a Cure is an international campaign uniting neurotrauma communities around a common cause.
Although primarily focused on drawing teams from within Canada, the AECON Cup is also open to our sub-trades, suppliers and any other hockey-crazed Canucks looking to get in on the non-contact/no-slapshot tourney. In all, the two-day event will welcome teams in both recreational and experienced categories.
Contact: 2020 details: • Tournament to be held at the Cambridge Sports Park (http://www.cambridgesportspark.com/) on Friday April 24th & Saturday April 25th
• If you know anyone else besides yourself that would like to enter a team please advise
• Three game minimum; two divisions (A – competitive & B – just for fun); 4th game if you make it to the Championship (Aecon Cup Final – trophy presentation )
• $1400.00 per team
• Each player asked to raise at least $100.00 towards Shoot for a Cure
What you get:
• At least 3 games with the possibility of a 4th (Final)
• Special giveaway
• $100.00 team voucher towards food at the Cambridge Sports Park
• Pucks for your team
- Dan Gignac – 519-751-8000 x2238 / email@example.com
- Event Manager – Rob Weir – 905-925-1275 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all to celebrate and support AECON , the last 4 years this event has raised over $150,000 for charities!